Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I'm not very good at this

So, yeah. I suck at blogging. Whatevs.

I'm feeling pretty good right now. Its late at night. My little one is in bed. 10ish days before my sweetheart comes back home to me. Life is good.

I took a trip down to my parent's ranch this past week. It was a whirlwind, but it was great. They look so good. I love the familiarity of it all, despite the fact that I never lived there for more than 3 months at a time from when I was 14.

I love the life we've chosen. I love to travel and meet new people. I love the instant bond between other military families. But I so wish that the people closest to me, my own flesh and blood, weren't strangers to my son. What if Eddie stays in for life? Will B ever get to know his cousins?

3 comments:

  1. Awwww... it might take time, but I'm sure he'll have the chance to bond with his cousins at some point in his life. We're a digital society now which makes distance correspondence much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's starting to really enjoy Skype and acknowledge that there are people on the other end. It'll take some effort, but I'm determined! Family is too valuable to overlook.

    ReplyDelete